I got this list from one of the those silly chain emails that people forward. Occasionally, there is something worth reading because it is thought provoking. This list was one of those. It came on a list of potential new year’s resolutions for 2012. It makes me think about what’s important in life and how to prioritize the plethora of demands that come my way. So I decided to share it here.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
12. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
13. Get enough rest.
14. Eat right.
15. Get organized so everything has its place.
16. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
17. Every day, find time to be alone.
18. Make friends with Godly people.
19. Keep a list of favorite scriptures on hand.
21. Laugh some more!
22. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
23. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
24. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
25. Sit on your ego.
26. Talk less; listen more.
27. Slow down.
28. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.