There are four areas of growth mentioned in Luke 2:52, “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” Four areas that we too should intentionally seek to grow in as well.
1. Wisdom – developing mentally
– What am I reading?
– What courses will I take? Events to attend? Things to watch?
– How will I stretch my mind?
2. Stature – growing physically
– My body is God’s temple
– Watch what you put into your temple, what you put on it, and what you put it through!
3. Favor with God – growing spiritually
4. Favor with men – growing socially
– What am I doing to grow my sphere of influence among non-Christians?
– Be genuine and love people
Based on these four areas, Pastor Chris asked us to write a growth plan. Here is mine….
– Read books/websites/articles related to calling
– Attend a conference for spiritual growth
– Read secular books related to calling and culture
– Walking/work out on a regular basis
– Eating fruits & vegetables
– Honor God with my body
– Losing weight/getting healthy
– Quiet times: prayer & Bible meditation
– Be mentored
– Be a mentor
– Scripture memorization
– Grow in spiritual disciplines
– Be genuine & love people
– Get around non-Christians: volleyball, book clubs, etc
– Pray for non-Christians in my life
– Be ready to share when opportunities arise